This gingerbread coffee creamer is the perfect way to make your morning cup of coffee a warm hug. It’s light and creamy with a hint of sweetness, full of warm spices, and rich in flavor. This creamer is delicious! I don’t lie. I could heat it in my mug and enjoy it with hot cocoa. Is it not possible??
WHY DO I LOVE THIS CREAMER?
This gingerbread coffee creamer is delicious. It’s easy to make, and you can customize it. You can make it sweeter. Add some brown sugar to make it sweeter. Do you want it creamier? Substitute cream to the half-and-half. Do you need a smaller or larger batch? No problem. It is easy to scale up or down.
- It’s made with just 8 simple ingredients.
- It comes together in about 15 minutes.
- Gingerbread creamer makes for a fun homemade food gift, especially during the holidays.
- You can use your favorite dairy or non-dairy base in this recipe.
- Of course, it tastes delicious!
What is the difference between half and full?
My creamer base was “half and half”. Half and half, for those not from the United States, is a 50/50 mixture of whole milk and heavy whip cream. This is a popular addition to coffee and can be found in almost every grocery store in America.
This gingerbread coffee creamer can be made with just cream, or you can use whole milk and cream. You could make it with only whole milk, but it wouldn’t be as creamy and cozy. 🙂
HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
Homemade creamers such as this don’t have an expiration date. I recommend keeping them for five days in the fridge to be safe. This creamer can be made in small batches, and you don’t have to worry about leftovers.
HOW TO USE GINGERBREAD COFFEE CREAMER
This creamer is 1/4 cup in serving size. However, you can add as much or little creamer to your favorite cup of coffee. It was amazing! I drank it as a cafe au lait while testing the recipe.
You can serve your gingerbread coffee with a Cinnamon Nut Mug Cake or Chocolate Molasses Cookies.
I also plan to use this gingerbread creamer as an ice cream maker. Keep me posted.
CREAMER GINGERBREAD COFFEE
This gingerbread coffee creamer makes your morning cup of coffee extra cozy. It’s rich in warm spices and creamy sweetness!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Each 1/4 cup
- 1 cup half-and-half ($0.45)
- 1 Tbsp molasses ($0.15)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract ($0.07)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger ($0.02)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves ($0.02)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon ($0.02)
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Heat on medium heat, frequently stirring, until half and half is steaming but not boiling (about five minutes).
- Serve immediately or cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serving: 0.25 Cup Calories: 95 Kcal Carbohydrates 7 g Protein 2 g Fat 7 g sodium 27 mg Fiber 1 g