Chicken wings used to be something I resented. OMG! I am now a fan. These honey mustard chicken wings, which are oven-baked, are absolutely delicious. I have been craving them since the first time I made them. Simple oven baking produces a crispy skin that doesn’t require deep frying. My raw Honey Mustard Sauce is a great glaze. These are easy to make.
Yes, BAKED CHICKEN WINS CAN BE CRISPY
These baked chicken wings are great for those who don’t like deep-frying. A light cornstarch coating is a key to crispy chicken wings. Cornstarch helps absorb some fat in the skin and then bakes to a crispy crunch. It’s so easy, and you won’t accidentally burn your face with grease. 😉
SERVE IMMEDIATELY TO GET THE BEST RESULTS
These baked honey mustard chicken wings taste best right out of the oven, much like their fried counterparts. You can wait to serve them, but don’t put the honey mustard sauce on them until you are ready. The chicken’s skin will get softer if the sauce is left on for too long. This recipe is not suitable for making leftovers.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HONEY Mustard WINGS
Honey Mustard Sauce is great for dipping vegetables, and I made some extra to add broccoli florets to the chicken wings. You could add carrot sticks and celery to the mix for more variety. You could also serve some classic Creamy Coleslaw or Loaded Potatoes as a side dish.
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN CHICKEN WINGS
These crispy honey mustard chicken wings are easy to make and come with a sweet and tangy homemade glaze.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
- 2 lbs. Chicken wings or drumettes $6.97
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp pepper ($0.02)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.02)
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch ($0.09)
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE*
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise ($0.40)
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard ($0.05)
- 1/2 Tbsp yellow mustard ($0.04)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Honey ($0.18)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar ($0.01)
- 1/16 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.01)
- 1/16 tsp paprika ($0.01)
- 1/16 tsp salt ($0.01)
- 1/8 tsp pepper ($0.01)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper to elevate the chicken wings. Then place two cooling racks on top of it.
- Mix the cornstarch with salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. After drying the chicken wings, please place them in a bowl and mix the cornstarch mixture until they are coated.
- The cornstarch-coated wings should be placed on the prepared baking sheet (or on wire racks). Bake the wings in the oven for 50 minutes. The time will vary depending on how large the wings are.
- Make the honey mustard sauce while the wings bake. Combine the honey mustard sauce, Dijon, yellow mustard, and honey in a bowl.
- After the chicken wings have been baked, transfer them to a bowl and drizzle the honey mustard sauce on top. Stir the wings until they are well coated. Serve immediately
This recipe makes enough honey mustard sauce to coat chicken wings. Double the ingredients to make enough honey mustard sauce for extra dipping.
Serving: 6 wings Calories : 1154.65 Kcal Carbohydrates : 25 g Protein : 79.8 G Fat : 78.8g Sodium : 1225.75mg Fiber : 0.45 g